Re: Montreal radio observations (fwd)

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Bob Nelson...WMWM wrote:
> Canada does have its requirements about Canadian
> content. And don't be surprised if you're in Toronto,
> Montreal, or some other Canadian city and the record
> stores (especially chains like Tower or HMV) will
> let you know which artists are Canadian, to help
> boost their sales.

True...I found that very helpful...since when I was at Archambault (the
biggest record store in Montreal), I tended to gravitate towards the
Canadian and Franco-phone artists.  I left with a pile of awesome CDs that
you can't get in this country, unfortunately.

However this time around I didn't have the luxury of time to check out
MusiMax and the Francophone stations to see what new stuff had come out.
Oh well....gives me another reason to go back :-)

--
Sven F. Weil
email: sven@chookus.com