Re: the real "all girl station" and WNAC history

On 3 Jul 2000,  Donna Halper wrote:

> Dan's point is a good one, but interestingly, the NAB absolutely DID exist
> and Shepard was one of its founders.  But the call letters WNAB pre-dated
> it by a year, so I guess they never complained. (The NAB was founded in mid
> 1923.)

But were they called the NAB at the time?  I remember back in the 1950s,
they were called the "NARTB," which stood for "National Association of
Radio and Television Broadcasters."  I imagine they might have at one time
been called the "NARB," though I've never actually heard of that name.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/