Re: WBOT

Hasn't the Technics 1200 been around since the late 70s?

What about the other generation of direct-drive Technics record players
that were on a wooden base? The ones that had either 3 or 2 speeds, a
rotary pitch control on the front - you had to buy the arm, cover, base
and turntable/motor assy. separately.  These things cost like $1000 and
up.

I remember using them at WSIA and WNYU here in NYC.  'SIA had the
two-speed version, 'NYU has the 3-speed version with an LED
digital-display pitch control that was activated using three buttons: -,
reset, +.

I think it was the SP-15 or something like that.  They were very beautiful
turntables (when on the wooden base-boards); and very accurate.  I think
they used the same motor as the SL-1200.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

--
Sven F. Weil
email: sven@chookus.com