A Plug For The List/NERW on WCAP

Last night (Sat.7/1) I paid a visit to the "Saturday Night Sock Hop" hosted
by Gary Francis at his ice cream stand in Chelmsford.The show airs from
7-10PM every Saturday night thru the Summer on WCAP (980).Since it was the
first Saturday night off for me since the show started it's run in May,and
also due to the fact that the famous Bill O'Neill was making a special
guest appearance, so I,just had to stop by.Bill of course supplying his
trademark wit and humor as needed.I also had a brief appearance on the air
w/ Gary,as he made mention of this list and how we post our
opinions,gripes,questions,etc about this great business, and I made mention
of the weekly NERW reports compiled and reported by Scott Fybush,noting
that Scott once graced the WCAP airwaves from the newsdesk.

An additional treat (thanks to Gary with a little help from Bill O') was
hearing a early 60's vintage WCAP jingle that Gary found on a reel in his
attic.Tape was a bit "dusty" but Bill did some "cleaning up" and dubbing to
disc.

And Gary played many oldies not heard on a regular basis on most oldies
stations,which he says is the norm for the show. BTW, all the tunes are
played on site from the broadcast trailer,a rare event in today's broadcast
scene.

"The Music Sounds Great on the Golden Great 98". Has a nice ring to
it,IMHO.

Mark Watson