Re: WCRB (programming)

If stations had met the FCC requirements by putting significant resources
into producing quality public affairs programming, which they broadcast
during times when people actually listen, I would not disagree that this
might have some public benefit.  The problem is that many stations met this
requirement by broadcasting "lifestyle" news as you mentioned or running
public affairs shows at 6 AM on Sunday morning.  I do not believe that
anything has been lost by ending the requirement to run such shows.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

In a message dated 6/30/00 2:17:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,