Re: WCRB (programming)

On 29 Jun 2000,  Dib9@aol.com wrote:

> My personal view is that the government should in no way regulate the
> content of programming broadcast by commercial radio and television
> stations.  Let the market decide what is appropriate programming.  The FCC
> should stick to setting technical standards and enforce them better than
> they do now and not worry about what dirty words Howard Stern uses on his
> show.

One thing I like about you, even when I disagree (which is often enough)
is the way you keep your principles consistent.  Most people who call
themselves conservatives will inveigh against government regulation except
when it comes to sex.  Or they will complain loudly about bad taste, etc.
in the media, but will never support the regulation of private business
that would be necessary to do something about it.  Even when I disagree
with you, you have integrity.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/