re:WCRB signal

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> Lawrence: ENOUGH!  We've heard this screed time and time again from
> you, it wasn't interesting the second time, and it's not relevant to
> this mailing-list now.  If you don't have anything new to say, don't
> say it.

Well, I for one disgree; as irritating as Mr. Glavin can be, surely the
programming policies of a Boston radio station are far more appropriate
for a Boston radio list than the recent posts concerning television
stations in Connecticut or Monday Night Football.

I'm not supposed to speak for my colleagues in the programming department,
so I'll confine myself to pointing out that WCRB's playlist if easily two
or three times the size of that of any other commercial station in Boston
(save WHRB, of course :-)) and a quick telnet into my office reveals that
Sunday night's programming included such thoroughly dumbed down
pseudo-classics as Mozart's piano concerto #15 in B-flat, Shostakovich's
Doll's Dances, and an overture by Gioacchino Rossini featuring a fiery
horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust, and a hearty "heigh-ho,
Silver!"

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com