RE: [RE: A Providence TV Question.]

The new WTNH tower was built under the intentions that WTNH was going to get
a UHF digital assignment. That's one of the reasons why the tower is so big.
Currently, WPLR has a Shively labs 2 bay panel antenna mounted to the new
tower close to the top, and WKCI has a two bay generic antenna side mounted
below WPLR's. Both stations also have auxiliary 2 bay antennas mounted to
the tower. The reason they aren't on the old tower is because it was
dismantled for the new tower (which sat along side the access road for
months). It was my understanding that WKCI is being forced to construct its
own tower up there at a lower height (like 600' or something) with a
slightly higher power. But the problems didn't effect WPLR's setup.

--MIKE