Re: Hub radio legend will say aloha this fall

On 6/8/00 11:01 PM, Dib9@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/8/00 7:00:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu writes:
>
> In its very first days as alternative rock, the station wouldn't
> take ads from car companies (pollution) and other accounts that were deemed
> to be overly corporate or selling something that didn't meet leftist
> political standards.

WHCN Hartford, circa 1970, also apologized for national spots.  I recall
being shocked hearing a Budweiser ad on the station, as all other ads
were produced by the local announcers and were very low-key.  The
announcer at the time apologized for the ad by explaining that the
station was becoming more popular and such ads were a necessity to keep
the station running.

You should have heard the first time they ran an ad for the Army.

Paul