ghosts of am's past

On Sun, 28 May 2000 23:32:30 EDT Jibguy@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 5/28/00 6:19:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> doctorradio@yahoo.com writes:
>
> << Don't know about WSYY-AM, thought it was still on, Times are
> mighty tough
> up
>  there, $250-300k and a cup of coffee would probably buy it for you.
> >>

> Try 75k.
> ----jibguy

Having been there, methinks THAT would be high.

These signals are gone because they can not and will not ever be
profitable. They haven't been for 15-20 years. Very few of the local
class A fm's are profitable (and the ones that may be are automated and
part of a group). I would not even want a class C FM in rural Maine at
this point (lots 'o pine trees, little $).

The Ball is over.

-Rick (Doom is near) Ganley

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.