Re: Another AM over and out

Y'all Wrote:

>In a message dated 5/27/00 9:28:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rjoc@webtv.net
>writes:
>
><< Haven't been to Millinocket in ages but should take a trip up there to
> confirm status of WSYY AM..Do remember they got burned out about 10-15
> years back.;.also want to check out what's left of the old Christian
> Science Monitor Shortwave site at Greenbush, ME. >>

Don't know about WSYY-AM, thought it was still on, Times are mighty tough up
there, $250-300k and a cup of coffee would probably buy it for you.
They rebuilt completely after the fire.  They have a melted telephone in a
display case to commemorate it.
A broker told me at one time WHOM had offered to move them further away.

WCSN in Olamon, near Greenbush is alive and well now as WHRA, part of the
World Harvest organization.  All time brokered programming.

BTW: WEGP is dark right now, SOMEBODY GO BUY THAT WHILE IT'S STILL WARM,
PLEASE!

Andy Soule

>When I drove through Millinocket last summer, the AM was not on the air.
>
>Wasn't the shortwave station sold to another religious order?

Andy Soule
Efax# 801-457-2555 - www.geocities.com/doctorradio