Re: another AM over and out

In a message dated 5/26/00 6:52:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Jibguy@aol.com
writes:

<< Body-Count in Maine....    8 AM's and 1 FM.   (The FM is the high school
 station WMOS-FM (Class D)  at Morse High School in BATH, Maine.;  died due
 lack of interest).
 ---------jibguy >>

Hasn't that frequency been picked up by a religious station in the areas?  If
the frequency is filled, does it really count in the body count?

As for dead AM's in Maine.  I count 11 over the last twenty years.

Dead AM's in Maine were in the following communities:
Farmington
Belfast
Machias
Lincoln
Ft. Kent
Madaswaska
Presque Isle
Dover-Foxcroft
Bangor
Gorham (1590)
Auburn

The last I knew, the AM in Millinocket was also dark, though I don't think
the license has been deleted.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine