Re: Jean Shepard

The show in question was an edition of "Le Show" with
Harry Shearer, which is produced by KCRW in Santa
Monica and syndicated (I think?). A friend of mine who
lives in California got a copy of the show on CD
as a premium for becoming a KCRW member.
(http://www.harryshearer.com )

Shepard was a superb storyteller; he had done shows
for years on WOR, did some record albums, and wrote
books like "In God We Trust (All Others Pay Cash)".
The film "A Christmas Story" was inspired by  that
book, I believe.