Somebody Blinked! (Was: Re: Mickey Mouse BITES Bugs Bunny)

I'm not sending this message through my regular E-Mail server. To
respond, reply to: <notquite@hotmail.com>. Thanks!

Somebody blinked in the ABC/Time-Warner dispute. Yesterday (May 2nd)
afternoon, signals frm ABC-owned stations reappeared on Time-Warner
cable systems in several markets. In he case of Manhattan, WABC-TV was
restored at 3:30 P.M., midway through "General Hospital".

The dispute hasn't ended--only the deadline has been extended for ten
weeks. July 15th is the new deadline.

However, I doubt that even if there is no agreement, that ABC O & O's
can be pulled off Time-
Warner systems on July 15th, because I thought July 15th is in the
middle of the (pretty much ignored by the networks) July sweeps.

Joseph Gallant
Reply to: <notquite@hotmail.com>