RE: Boston TV Station Spams Many with Unsolicited Junk Mail

Greetings Brian,

Apologies for any inconvenience this may has caused you to receive the WBZ
e-news notifier; however, we obtain our names from contests and entries on
our site that have been accumulated over the last year. At the bottom of a
contest entry we ask the visitor to check the box if they would like to be a
member of the e-news notifier recipient list. I would like to extend an
example of this to you by following the link below.
http://www.wbz.com/now/story/0,1597,190431-364,00.shtml

I believe we do follow the correct parameters of gathering names that have
chosen to be on this list. The persons that may have overlooked the checkbox
or do not want to receive the notifiers are able to unsubscribe immediately,
and their names are placed in an exclusion list from all groups we have
created for any future notifications. I update the exclusion list daily with
any new names that respond to be removed. I appreciate you taking an
interest, but a "remove" would have been sufficient to get you off the
mailing list. Also, we do not share nor give the list to any other service.

Thank you for your time.

Stephanie Miller
Webmaster - WBZ Boston
http://www.wbz.com