(Fwd) Re: Elian = ratings

On 24 Apr 2000,  Pete Kemp wrote:

> The news channels  "All Elian All the Time" or "Give us 22 minutes and
> we'll give you Elian." overkill and second guessing to the max.  Love all
> those politicians pandering for face time to exploit any situation. :(

I'm sure it wasn't "All Elian All the Time."  I didn't get to hear any
news
on Saturday, so I didn't know until I tuned in CNN Headline News on Sunday
that Elian had been returned to his father.  Then I tried to find someone
with the details of what had happened.  Headline News moved on to other
things and never recapitulated the events of early Saturday.  CNN was
doing
financial and sports.  Finally, I got the noon news on Channel 5.  They
told what had happened on Saturday.  They, too, eventually moved on to
other news.  (Such as the big tieup at Logan.)

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/