Re: WMFP

I can recall about 10 years ago, when I put up a roof antenna in Boston and
picked up a snowy Channel 62.  At the time, they were running shows like
Hazel.  I gave them a call and they told me the transmitter was in
Lawrence, MA.  My understanding is soon after, a group of investors
including Avi Nelson purchased the station, and the next thing I noticed
they had an incredible over-th-air signal in Boston.

SS

At 06:53 PM 4/23/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Has WMFP (62 Lawrence) always transmitted from downtown Boston? . It doesn't
>seem like the FCC would license a station who's transmitter is that far
>away. I highly doubt a transmitter so far away would provide a city grade
>signal into Lawrence. With the recent talk about WQSX, this came to mind.
>

>--MIKE

Visit the Classic EBRadio Neighborhood Web Site

http://www.flash.net/~ebradio