Re: WRKO on a 50kW FM station?!?

The 93.7 TX is not on the Pru; it is on a slightly-over-
500' tower at the junction of Routes 128 and 1 (I
believe) in Danvers or Peabody. The station is licensed
to Lawrence and cannot move any closer to Boston because
that would even further reduce the spacing to co-channel
and adjacent-channel stations. I think the tightest
short spacing is to 93.7 in the Hartford area.

When the station was owned by ARS, co-owned American
Tower Systems constructed the tower and the station
moved there from a site in or very close to Lawrence.
Although ARS was absorbed by CBS, ATS is still very much
alive and, as far as I know, still owns the tower, which
hosts many communications antennas, as well as WQSX. I
wouldn't be surprised to learn that ATS makes more money
from the tower than Entercom makes from the radio
station.