Non-compete contract

Hi:

For sake of clarification, I believe that the Mass., AFTRA sponsored end to
no-competes has to do with certain restrictions that are blatantly unfair.
For instance, an employer used to be able to let you go PLUS be assured that
you could not compete for 6 months or a year.   The new law now negates that
unfair advantage.  If they deemed you unworthy, they should have no call
over your services!!

This is even more important with the merging of stations as there are not
many jobs at varying companies to begin with.

I believe that a no-compete CAN STILL BE ENFORCED if you cut and run to the
competition under the new law.  In that case, you initiated the departure
for personal gain at the expense of the current employer.

Bruce Schwoegler