Re: Question about non-compete clauses

<<On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 14:05:34 EDT, Sptseditor@aol.com said:

> The press has an obligation, which is to be as objective as possible. By
> seeking favors, especially during working hours, from politicians, you are
> betraying the trust of the viewer or whoever else is seeing your work.

Historically speaking, this is a very recent phenomenon.  The free
press that the Founders meant to protect in the First Amendment made
little pretense of being objective -- the entire point was to present
the publisher's opinion.  It has only been within the last 50-75 years
that publishers (and their electronic-media counterparts) have seen
the public relations value in the appearance of impartiality.

-GAWollman