RE: XTRA in LA

KXTA and XTRA are not simulcasts. Both carry the Dodgers and that's about it.

As is the trend with many sports talkers around the
country, KXTA and XTRA don't have much sports in AM drive. In the AM drive, KXTA airs a non-sports syndicated morning show from Indianapolis, "Bob and Tom." while XTRA has San Diego-based John Fricke, Sean Salisbury and Julie Broman which veers away from sports quite a bit. One-On-One-owned KCTD (1540) airs syndicated Jay Marioti from 7am-11am(that would be midday in the East :) which actually deals with sports.

Speaking of KCTD, they're switching call tonight
at midnight -- "heritages" KMPC call letters return
to LA basin.

Jerry
---
Decker Media Consulting
Brooklyn,NY

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:44:29    Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

>Is it my imagination or does XETRA, Tijuana clearly reach Los Angeles?  If
>it does, then why a simulcast on KXTA?  It might be separate programming
>at times though....I tried their websites, but they are so
>graphics-intensive they crashed my browser.
>
>www.xtrasports1150.com for KXTA
>
>www.xtrasports690.com for XETRA
>

>On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, EM1 GITCHIER wrote:
>
>> KTRA is using 50kw now. I think they might also be simulcasting over 77kw
>> XETRA Tijuana AM 690, but don't hold me to that. Shades of Alzheimers seem
>> to overtake me at times ;-)...
>

>Sven F. Weil
>e-mail: sven@lily.org
>World Wide Web: http://www.lily.org/~sven

Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct