Re: Rant About LPFM

<<On Sun, 2 Apr 2000 13:11:38 -0400 (EDT), umar@nerodia.wcrb.com said:

> Yet I have heard Eureka-147 receivers in the UK are not selling
> well.

I think this is a pretty compelling example of ``the good (enough) is
the enemy of the best''.  For most people, most of the time, the audio
rendition of standard analog FM broadcast is good enough.  The real
driver behind DAB in most other countries is to shut down long- and
medium-wave broadcasting for good, and in this country is the
perceived (by the suits) marketing advantage of being ``digital''.

-GAWollman