Re: NorthEast Radio Watch: Nassau, Ackerley Grow; We Rant About LPFM

In a message dated 3/31/00 6:46:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kvahey@mediaone.net writes:

<< WSIA is expected to have the same deal as last season with Staten
 Island.....

 "the next inning will be brought to you byBurker King on Victory Blvd"

 St Catherines has wound up in Queens ( Queens Kings) and will play at St
 John's Univ >>

Wait a minute, is that legal for them to do? How can a non-comm (educational)
station be running a plugola, in that form, on its airwaves? I guess that
gets into the whole underwriting issue.

Does St. John's have a radio station at all (even carrier current) which the
games could air on, at least home games? (And what organization are the Kings
affiliated with?)

What a contrast. You have the Lowell Spinners playing in a gorgeous ballpark
in Lowell and you have other teams in this league playing in college
sandlots.

-Sean