Re: Frank Sunday Out At WCCM??

In a message dated 3/29/00 4:37:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Dan.Strassberg@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< In the not-too-distant past, most radio stations, and certainly most
 small-market radio stations, were small businesses. Until (401k)s debuted
 maybe 10 years ago, very few small businesses offered pension benefits. So
 not many people who retired from small-market radio had any sort of pension
 other than Social Security to fall back on. Larger companies, such as Clear
 Channel and Infinity, probably offer penions. A few employees probably
 actually work for one of those outfits long enough to become vested. When >>

You brought up the point I was trying to make. I feel bad for these folks --
they love the broadcasting business and they make sacrifices while they are
in it in terms of working hours, salary, then get screwed again upon
retirement.

It's rare that someone makes it big enough not to have to worry about these
things, and that is a shame.

-Sean