Re: EAS on Maine Public Radio

In a message dated 3/29/00 12:46:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, kc1ih@mac.com
writes:

<< I doubt that MPR has the ability to feed each station separately.  I
 seem to remember that when they restored the network after the ice
 storms two years ago that they had to have all the locations up,
 because the program is relayed from one site to the next. >>

I don't think you are correct.  The ice storm situation may have had to do
with a microwave network still being down.  If your description is actually
what they do, that would mean that if one station went down, the rest down
the daisy chain would also go down?  With today's technology this kind of a
system seems antiquated to me.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine