Re: Nashua Pride Pulls The Plug on Radio

Sptseditor@aol.com wrote:

> I am actually surprised that 980 makes money on the Lock Monsters, seeing how
> apathetic fan response has been in Lowell. (I am hearing they are having
> problems getting more than 1,500 to 2,000 fans into the building on a regular
> basis.) And it's definitely the nicest sports arena in the building, save for
> the Fleet -- with good media facilities, too.

Hockey is good radio, as radio-sports goes. Kevin Dunn does an
excellent job, with experience dating back to the 80s with the Black
Bears.  As for attendance, it is building (and no one paid me to say
that) to a point that over the next 2-3 years it will show better
avgs.  I've gone on many Wednesday games, the lowest expected
attendance, and had seen it go up as the season went on.

> Any chance that the Spinners, when/if Bob Ellis ever gives up the p-b-p
> chores, would go to WCAP? That way people in the LaLecheur (sp?) Park might
> actually get to HEAR the games!
>
> -Sean

I think the LS have another year (this one) under contract with the
Lawrence kW. B.E. does a good job for the team - not sure if he works
for the team or the station in that capacity or if that would have any
impact on future decisions.

Bill O'Neill