Re: Viacom Buys The 50% Of UPN They Didn't Already Own For $ 5 Million.

Cooper Fox writes:
>If the FCC is only going to allow them to own one
>network, what will happen to UPN?

As far as I know, UPN isn't actually considered a "network," at
least according to the FCC regulations which were on the books
a few years back. To be considered a full-fledged network, one
must provide 15 hours of prime-time programming or more each
week (Monday through Friday), so I thought. I thought this is how
FOX got around the "network" thing, allowing it to syndicate its
own shows before the FCC reversed itself on this -- am I wrong?

 -Sean