Re: WBZ using CBS news on overnights?

>WCBS-AM's meteorologists were all fired in a cost-cutting move by Infinity
>head Mel Karmazin.

That would come as a big surprise to one WCBS meteorologist I happen to
know...  In talking with and e-mailing him in the past week, I can assure
you that he still has his job (part-time though it is) there.

Moreover, his bio (which also shows how it is I happen to know him) can
still be found on WBCS' web site:
http://www.cbsnewyork.com/now/story/0,1597,148238-207,00.shtml
At least one other meteorologist has his bio up there, too.

Odds are good that I'll be seeing him this evening, at which point I'll
ask him about their use of a Weather Channel person.  I wouldn't be
surprised if it turned out to be a simple case of not having anyone else
available to cover the weather at whatever time it happened to be.

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu