Re: LPFM

In a message dated 3/11/00 9:59:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, mixer@zoso.net
writes:

<< Cooper, have you considered the option of trying to find another
 frequency? I know that there is not a complete ocverload of stations up
 there and although I might be wrong, I'd think that there would be room
 for another AM frequency to go on for 24 hours.... >>

Up in Maine, I would think there would be room for a low-level Class A
frequency which would likely cover the same ground which your AM daytime
license does. (Not knowing the exact location of your station and its signal,
etc., I'm just speculating.) Why couldn't you apply for a low-level Class A
license - the minimum for a Class A license is 100 watts, IIRC - and go from
there?

-Sean, in the spirit of speculation