Re: WPTR in stereo

>Sean wrote:
<snip>
>When I first got it,
>I was surprised by the sound quality I got when turning to WJIB or any other
>AM stereo station. (WFAN, and WBZ was stereo until sometime in the last year
>or two.) I liked the added "uumph."

        I had not noticed that WBZ had stopped running stereo. Are you sure
it's not just mono when they're using the auxiliary transmitter in Allston
(which seems like it's been a lot of the time since last fall, and maybe is
still going on sporadically)?
        Off the top of my head, the Boston market stations running stereo
at least within the past year or so (putting WBZ aside) are: WJIB (but not
at night), WILD, WRCA and WNRB. And, was WJLT/1060 running stereo? Is WMEX
doing that now? As my post on WPTR would indicate, when I was in the Boston
area the other day and playing with the stereo car radio, it was nighttime.