Tired Sports Expressions

With March Madness upon us, is anyone else getting tired of the buzz words
being driven into us?  Surely some variety by sports nuts would be
appreciated. Going to the BIG DANCE, I don't think they are talking about
the prom :)  While I am on a roll, how about, what I call, sports
compression sayings that are over used ... In the paint, to the hoop, bang
the boards, charity stripe and the "J" really are causing me to
cringe.  Wonder what it will be, like if the 3-peat returns? Sport's
expressions have always been colorful and appreciated, but a little more
variety would be appreciated.
Pete