What Would You Do With WBOS?

I'm not sending this through my normal E-Mail server. To respond, reply
o: <notquite@hotmail.com>. Thanks!

Here's something I'd like to ask the other members of the group to
comment on.

Suppose you were Greater Boston Radio Group programming manager Don
Kelly, and you had to decide the future of WBOS. You have five options:

(1) Change the format to "smooth jazz", bringing back the sound of the
late WSJZ;

(2) Change the format to a "Jammin' Oldies" clone;

(3) Change the format to a had-rock sound that would be a cross between
WAAF and the old WCOZ during the latter's "kick-a*s" days;

(4) Change to something else, or,

(5) Not change WBOS' format at all.

Chances are, the current WBOS format will be junked on or around March
30th, the first day of the Spring Arbritron book.

Joseph Gallant
Reply to: <notquite@hotmail.com>