Re: Radio Free Allston at...1150?

1580 is certainly the most credible frequency I've heard
mentioned. Before what is now the 960 station in
Fitchburg moved to 960, it was on 1580 with 1 kW-D ND.
Allston-Brighton might be inside WNTN's 25 mV/m contour,
but I can't imagine a 100-mW station on 1580 interfering
with WNTN for more than a few feet. Also, if Radio Free
Whatever operates mostly at night, WNTN won't even be
on. As for WUNR, which is only 20-kHz away, its signal
is a lot weaker in Allston-Brighton than WNTN's is.
Still, if any station is going to protest, I'd think it
would be WUNR. As for co-channel interference, CBJ,
which was the dominant station on 1580, is now dark.
WLIM from the eastern end of Long Island (a high-power
daytimer with reduced CH power) can be heard here
sometimes and could be an occasional problem. But heck,
100 mW on 1580 won't carry for more than a few blocks
even with a good antenna and no co-channel interference.