Re: FNX in Providence?

I don't think that WFNX has the kind of bucks needed to land WWRX from Clear
Channel.  That station will go to one of the big companies.  I wouldn't be
suprised to see Mega or Salem wind up with the station, since I'm sure that
Citadel, AAA or Minditch would keep the station rock and continue to go
after WHJY, which CC will own after the merger with AMFM is complete.

I also doubt that Citadel would sell WORC-FM to Minditch.  The only way that
could happen is if Citadel runs into problems aquiring classic rocker WWFX
due to possible Department of Justice concerns about one company owning
three FM's in the under-radioed Worcester market.

WATD-Marshfield could be up for sale, but as with WXRV, I'm sure that
station has had offers before for more money than what Minditch may offer
for it.  Still,  their ownership may want to "cash out" while radio station
values are very high, so in theory it could happen.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7