RE: COL

>Mike Thomas wrote:
>Actually, one of the most buried legals I've heard in awhile is currently on
>WWFX-Southbridge.  The ID has the calls, the COL barely audible underneath a
>lazer effect, followed by WORCESTER'S FOX!! (that part is crystal clear..)
>You really have to turn the volume waaaay up to get the COL out of the ID.

        As a DXer, one of my big complaints is the stations that do not run
the legal ID as close to the top of the hour as the normal flow of
programming permits, which is what the rule says. And what the rule means
is that if you have a song ending, put in the ID. Instead, they try to bury
it way early.
        I have two local examples here on FM. WKSS, Hartford-Meriden,
sometimes runs one of those low-volume, very hurried recorded IDs in
between two spots around 10 before the hour. WKCI, Hamden-New Haven does
the same thing. Then they play the big jingle on the hour with their promo
ID. I think for WKCI, it's something like, "K-C-1-oh-1, Connecticut." A few
times I've heard WKSS so mixed up they ran the bogus one about 10 minutes
early and then ran another, sometimes even the jock doing a live ID, on the
hour. WKSS, in particular, seems to have a split personality about doing it
the right way.