Re: WSMN / Gene Burns

I can't speak for the "Health and Fitness Show," which I
don't listen to, but I strongly disagree that the 7:00
to 9:00 AM show is hideous. I think it's both
entertaining and informative. Steve Weisman is a very
good anchor and Bleidt and Kirschner seem to have come
into their own under his tutelage.

As for Burns, when I catch his show, it's on the
Internet reruns after 6:00 PM. From what I've heard,
though, I think two hours of Burns are better than 24
hours of WRKO or several days of Brudnoy--when the
Bruins are NOT playing.

Bell is kind of uneven, but at his best, he can be very
entertaining.

With Williams gone and Tai filling in, middays are quite
weak. I think they should move Bell into Williams' slot
for now and maybe try to move John McLaughlan
(spelling?), from his weekend slot, to 4:00 to 6:00 on
weekdays. Of course, for the rest of February, that slot
is death. So few people can hear the station (except on
the Web), that the host has to have a good lineup of
guests or a long list of monologue topics, because
nobody's going to call--even with a toll-free number.

For the most part, the weekend lineup is a pleasant
surprise.

WMEX may not make it, but it won't be because the over-
the-air product is wanting.