Re: WINE forget to change?

At 09:40 AM 2/11/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Couple of observations while up in Vermont yesterday ( White River Jct)
>
>WMEX ( and Upton Bell) loud and clear until 5:15  then instant KYW
>
>WINE ( I assume it was them) owned 940 as late as 6:30 PM).....whatever it
>was was a religious station.

WINE is a country programmed station, not religious, so you may have heard
something else.  WINE for years has gone off at sundown.  I readily admit I
haven't checked recently.  I am less than ten miles from their transmitter
and can tell you that their signal is bad on a good day.  Their old
engineer Pat C. was very sharp and had been with the station for
years.  During one of the last ownership changes, he was out the door and
things changed. Gotta love those bean counters.
Pete