Re: new TV spots

>Did anybody see the TV spots that Talk96 is doing, featuring Mike
>Barnicle?  As somebody who has a problem with plagiarists,I find it amusing
>to see somebody who was fired from the Globe being reborn as a talk show
>host and spokesperson.  What a country...

If Barnicle were to be hired by a newspaper or magazine, then I'd seriously
question that paper's or magazine's ethics.  But the job of radio talk show
host is not that of a journalist.  Would you deny the man any opportunity
for gainful employment at all?

One could say that his role as occasional commentator for Chronicle on
Channel 5 might be a bit more questionable, depending on how broad a
definition of journalism one chooses to apply...  (Though I have to
admit, the piece he did on the fallen Worcester firefighters a couple
months back was truly moving...)

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu