Re: Stern's PD/ AM carrier current

<< By the way, is it true that Pat Whitley was the
 program director portrayed in the film (given the
 nickname Pig Vomit-- and played by Paul Giamatti >>

Even though Whitley has a drawl, the WNNNNNN BC
PD at the time was Kevin Methany.

RE: carrier current stations... My alma mater, Emerson College,
has such an operation at the famed 640khz position--WECB.
When I attended Emerson (1971-1975), the station was Top-40
using PAMS re-sing jingles.  Each 3 hour shift was filled by a
different student DJ. As the station broadcast (to dorms, over
phone lines and electric shavers) 18 hours a day, it made for
comical "airstaff" meetings-- with over *75* jocks and news-
people in attendance!

Dave Iseman
Cape Cod, MA