RE: AM Live, Local

WSBS, 860 is owned by Berkshire Broadcasting Inc. , which is run out of the
North Adams stations, (and I may note is not related to the Berkshire
Broadcasting which owns WDAQ in Danbury, CT). The president of the company's
name is Thurston. They currently run 250 watts ND from 6am to 7pm. Their
tower is next to the Housatonic River Basin (the same river where the little
girl fell in a week ago) and a large swamp. Back when they were 2.6kw ND
Days, the signal was quite impressive. Their 3w night signal was less than
impressive (and was actually one of their big pushes for having FM when they
had it on 105.1, ex-WBBS, now-WAMQ before selling it to the WAMC group) I
remember coming up from my aunt's house in Pennsylvania, and receiving WSBS
just outside Scranton.
Also note that pro sportscaster Wayne Larrivee, voice of the Packers, worked
at WSBS one time.

>and WMNB AM-1240 & FM-100.1 North Adams are

Actually the AM is WNAW 1230.

WMNB, 100.1, in North Adams puts a pretty decent signal east into Greenfield
and West into Albany.
Their transmitter is at the top of the hairpin turn off of state rte 2, the
Mohawk Trail, near the Savoy town line. A pretty impressive view for those
who haven't been. When WMNB is silent, you can hear the AM programming
bleeding through very slightly.

--MIKE