Re: AM Live, Local

Isn't the owner of WSBS and the WMNB stations a guy
named Harold Thayer? Or maybe he is retired or deceased
and the stations are now owned by other members of his
family. In any event, I believe that, 20 or more years
ago, this archetypical small-market broadcaster was
president of the NAB. These days, does the NAB even
accept memberships from companies that own fewer than 20
stations?

I believe that another broadcaster from a relatively
small market not too far from here who was at one time a
wheel in the NAB is a fellow named Shaughnessy or
O'Shaughnessy. He owned (maybe still owns) WVOX AM and
FM in New Rochelle, NY. Although part of the lucrative
Westchester market, the WVOX stations (a 500W AM and a
Class A FM) are local and are run as small-market
operations. Apparently, though, the stations are quite
profitable because a year or so ago, they relocated to a
brand new studio and office building. The CE created a
neat virtual tour of the very impressive facilities and
made it available at the WVOX Web site. If you missed it
and you're interested, try searching for the URL at,
say, Google.com.