Re: LPFM Rules

> "Martin J. Waters" wrote:
>
> >         IMO, it is reasonable to say that a licensee must understand that
> > this might happen. As I posted before, there's a very long history of this.
> > Looked at a certain way, the whole history of radio broadcasting in the
> > U.S. is a story of existing stations getting their signal footprints
> > stepped on.

I guess we'll never learn.  We signed on too many AM's in the 50's and 60's, made
a mess of the band, and chased everyone over to FM.  Then the combination of
Docket 80/90 and now LPFM is poised to trash that band as well, and chase
everyone over to the internet.  Digital radio is poised to hit later this year as
well.  Unless something is done, it's looking like the end of the line for local,
terrestrial-based broadcasting.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7