Mistakes by critics: Pain or laughter?

A question for the folks who are/have been broadcast pros... when a critic
who is slamming (or in rarer cases, it seems, praising) the product and the
critic makes his or her own obvious mistake(s), is/was it your first
reaction to laugh at the irony or get ticked at the critic? Reading this
list and NERW suggests that such mistakes are a common thing in the Boston
area....

(What raised this question in my mind was the number of print/TV critics
who, in expressing opinions about the Super Bowl broadcast, screwed up
themselves. Examples? One blasted the many "dot.com" ads, using the EDS
cat-herding ad as his prime example. Of course, EDS isn't a "dot.com" by
any definition. Another praised Al Michaels for his historical perspective
in pointing out the Rams' history in the All-American Football Conference.
Much as I do appreciate announcers with a sense of history, the only
trouble is that Al was wrong in this historical reference -- it's the
*other* ex-Cleveland team, the Browns/Ravens, that was in the AAFC. Another
blasted ABC for never defining the "red zone" for all the casual fans who
watch a Super Bowl. I checked the tape... they defined it not once, but
twice (once in each half) as the area inside the other team's 20.)
Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law
80 Ferry Street, Troy, NY 12180 USA