Re: Tai filling in for Jerry

It sure does sound more believable. I guess this is a
controversial point because it involves giving away the
product (air time), but I think it's better for a
commercial station to give away spots than not to air
any. If a commercial station airs no spots or only PSAs,
listeners quickly get the idea that the format is
failing and won't last. I'm sure that a complete absence
of spots, except during a period of stunting, hurts
ratings, just as an excess of spots does.

As for networks from which WMEX might be acquiring the
spot inventory, I think the Wall St Journal Business
Report, which WMEX also airs in AM drive, may be
responsible for more of that inventory than Fox News is.