RE: LPFM Rules

>        And, if you really want to know, I would have taken this
> opportunity to end the abuse of translators by rolling that whole thing
> into this rulemaking. I would have morphed all the translator
> assignments/provisions into the LPFM thing. I would have effectively
> revoked all the existing translators and made the licensees compete in the
> pool for new LPFMs, with the right additions included in the LPFM rule to
> give credit in situations where the translators are "genuine," i.e.,
> local/regional.

Although it might sound harsh, I would just eliminate all translators. No
protection or "special situations" allowed. If a LPFM wants to go on the
air, they should get priority over a translator, existing or not, local or
not. Two translators in the Springfield area, which sound just as strong as
the originating station,  make it almost impossible to get any such LPFM out
here.

>         Unfortunately, Clinton never appointed me.

Me neither.

--MIKE