From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Larry
Weil
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2000 2:29 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: Tai filling in for Jerry

>If a commercial station airs no spots or only PSAs,
>listeners quickly get the idea that the format is
>failing and won't last.

I disagree with this point.  I think that while those of us on the
list notice such things, the average listener couldn't care less.

I will add that Channel 7 airs some spots as CNN barters, although we
do not air any CNN newscasts.  These spots are aired in exchange for
the rights to include some CNN material in our newscasts.  As for the
exact arrangements, I dunno, I'm not in that department, and that
kind of info is proprietary anyway.

---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH