Digital Delay / Recorder

I worked for a company back in the mid 1980's that
produced digital voice recorders (The company in New
Hampshire was first called COMEX, then Granite
Telcom).
We basically had three products, a Box for airport
ATIS systems so pilots could get air traffic info
reports.
The 2nd product, was a box that could record
horoscopes, 900 sex type recordings (Hustler/Carlin
Communication was a big customer) and play back to up
to 200 callers at once an up to three minute
recording. The great advantage at that time over our
competitors was that our system always picked up
within two rings, and always played the recording from
the beginning. (Taped based system often rang 15 times
or more, or picked up in the middle of a recording)

The third item we had, is pertinent to this list. It
was a digital delay box built for radio stations to
allow for a variable delay. It worked quite well until
struck by lighting. A got to see a few boxes struck by
lightning, and even repaired some of them.

Does anyone recall a COMEX digital delay system they
may have used??

PS In the destroyed electronic equipment category, my
next career move had me repairing a computer that had
two large calibre bullet holes though it!

John
Cold and Dreary Derry NH