Re: Boston 1260 kHz/new calls

>Scott Fybush wrote:
>Hey guys...
>Glad to see everyone reads NERW so very carefully each week...
>/sarcasm off
>
>Quoth NERW on Dec. 26, 1999:
>Speaking of 1260 Boston, it wins the honor of "Last Boston Call Change of
>the Nineties," as it prepares to become WMKI, reflecting its Radio Disney
>format. The WMKI calls had been in Birmingham, Alabama (on the once and
>future WYDE 850) during that station's Disney days.

        I just knew I was in trouble when I sent that post <g>, but I
somehow had deleted or lost part of the year-end NERW. At least, that's my
bad excuse and I'm stickin' to it.
        I should have known the call change for 1260 would have been there.
In fact, I think I saw that the FCC is working on a proposed special
rulemaking to the effect that only in nine states no call letter change
will be considered effective until reported in NERW <big grin>.