The New WCLZ

According to a friend who is a regular listener, 95.5 WCLZ is doing a mix of
their former classic rock format, along with AAA, blues and jazz.  Last
night, they were running a jazz show and also have an early evening blues
show.  Today, they were back to a classic rock format.  I have listened so
this is all second hand.

He also said that Brian McGary (sp?) who has been doing mornings at the
station was not on this morning.  McGary has a long and checkered career that
includes stops at pretty much every station in Maine.  He was once a very
good jock, but has a history of not lasting long in jobs.  I wonder if it has
happened again?

The WXGL website (http://www.wxgl.com/ ) says "WE'VE MOVED TO 95/5 WCLZ  The
Best Music Ever Made."  If you clicked the logo, it takes you to
http://www.955clz.com/ but there is no site up yet.  Interesting enough, the
website for the old WCLZ  (http://www.wclz.com/) is now a website for The
Point WPTN.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine
    Former employee of the old WCLZ (98.9) and the former WXGL (95.5).
    I also worked at WAYU (93.9) which later became the first WXGL.
    Of course, that station is now part of the WCYY/WCYI combo along with
    94.3 Biddeford, which I worked at (for Chuck Igo) when it was WYJY.
    Confused yet?