Re: WMEX

Well, no matter what (even though they should
> start talking real topics instead of 6 hours of how far their signal
> reaches),  WMEX should be congratulated for doing GOOD LOCAL radio
with good
> talkmasters.
> ----jibguyI

I'll second that.  I must admit that I'm a bit surprised they, as a
whole, didn't take a more "dive right in" approach to talking.  Such
was the case at WTKK.  Gene Burns in SF, unencumbered by other talent
on-mic, essentially reinitialized his philosopies, approach and just
hung out with the callers IMO.  Jerry, rightly, works best alone.
Hopefully he will be left to do what he does best and get mad as he##.
People outside of the bubble may like _some_ inside radio talk, but it
does get thin, quickly.  I will counter, however, that Langer's
appearances by phone with Jerry and Gene have been a positive element.

Bill O'Neill